Whine and Dine

Friday, May 13, 2005

Evil Words

There are some words that I really don't like. They're not bad words in and of themselves, but I just know that I wouldn't like those words applied to me.

The first is a word that has haunted many a professional sportsman, especially Australia's own Mark Philippoussis. That word is potential. The word potential means that someone could be good at something. It means they aren't good at it now. The problem is when people (usually the person being talked about) think potential means that they are already good at something.

But my newly discovered distaste is for the word (and hopefully this word will never be applied to me) flavoured. I have eaten maple flavoured syrup, sun-dried tomato and basil flavoured rice cakes, and have been tempted to buy a McDonalds roll with mint & yoghurt flavoured sauce. This technical difference has been the bane of my sad and sorry existence. The difference between a genuine bargain on quality goods and a cheap substitute that plays on my poor attention to detail and apathy.

Oh well, whatever.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home