Whine and Dine

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Not the Japanese Parliament

As of the beginning of thsi month (or there's abouts) I've been on a self-imposed diet (I wanna be fit enough to keep up with the kids at Cowra in January). Now I've never really been one to eat really heathily, but I think what really gets me is ths snacking (ok, the lack of exercise has it's place too).

So for my self-imposed diet, I've restricted myself to three meals a day. No snacks, no morning or afternoon tea, no supper. This is the only rule. You can eat whatever, as long as it is part of a meal.
For example, I got to the end of dinner one night, and I was still hungry, so I found a bag of corn chips. Normally I'd sit on the couch and eat them with salsa in front of the TV. But that night, it became part of my meal. So I ate it at the table. Or if you feel like eating ice-cream, go to the freezer, get it out and eat your dessert.
As long as what you are eating is part of a meal, then it's OK to eat.

As to how effective this will be? Well, I guess time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home