Whine and Dine

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Happy Birthdays

During my time at home yesterday (thanks to my poor eating habits over the weekend) I chanced upon a segment of Bert Newton's program.

One of Bert's regulars (no, it wasn't Moira) was running viewers through their horoscopes. As I lay there listening to the predictions, the question inevitably crosses all of our thoughts ran through my mind. "What if this is true?"

Well, the only conclusion I could draw from that assertion is this: I have at least 5 birthdays a year. How else can anyone explain the fact that 5 of the descriptions suited me so well?

Let me leave you with an excerpt of wise words from Weird Al Yankovic's song "That's your Horoscope for Today":
"Now you may find it inconceivable or at the very least a bit unlikely
that the relative position of the planets and the stars could
have a special deep significance or meaning that exclusively applies to only you,
but let me give you my assurance that these forecasts and predictions
are all based on solid, scientific, documented evidence, so you would have
to be some kind of moron not to realize that every single one of them is absolutely true."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home