Whine and Dine

Sunday, November 14, 2004

Sleep Mortgage

It's been shown that an increasing number of Australians have been accumulating what researchers are calling sleep debt. In a world where time is money, people have cashed in, and are sleeping less than they used to, and less than what would be considered healthy.

From the last 36 hours, I think it would be safe to say that I do not have sleep debt - I have a sleep mortgage. For a time period where I have spent 4 times as much time driving than sleeping (8 hours of driving, 2 hours of sleep) I am suffering suprisingly little side-effects. Unlike previous occasions where I have been assulted by a vast array of symptoms from a deprivation of sleep, I am currently feeling none of those related feelings. I don't have a headache, my mind is as clear and sharp as you would expect on a well-rested day, and my body isn't overwhelmed with a desire to just collapse.
The only explanation I could think of is this. At most banks, if you have a relationship - be it debit or credit - with them worth more than a certain amount ($20,000 is the figure quoted by a large Aurtalian bank) then you are exempt from all account keeping fees. Well it appears that I have finally reached that point. All those naggling little fees like tiredness, poor concentration and blurred vision no longer apply to me, so great is my relationship with the Sleep Bank.
And the great thing is that you get to pay them back in little installments. Just today I made 2 micro-sleep repayments. My favourite quote from this weekend: "Ah, the microsleep. It's like thge ultimate power nap".

1 Comments:

  • Oh dear...

    *blinks*... what about oversleeping then?

    Hmm.. maybe it's like investment accounts... for which banks use the deposits and loan it to other people...

    By Blogger Jen, At 11/16/2004 7:11 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home